Bernie Ecclestone on Sunday confirmed reports France is definitely heading back to the F1 calendar.
Reports earlier this weekend said authorities had “finally agreed” a figure for the sanctioning fee with F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone.
It is expected that the Ecclestone-owned Paul Ricard will share an annually alternating grand prix date with Belgium’s Spa-Francorchamps, beginning in 2013.
“Yes,” the 81-year-old Briton told French daily L’Equipe in the Bahrain paddock on Sunday.
“The deal is done,” said Ecclestone.
“We agreed the financial terms with the sports minister David Douillet, in my office on Tuesday.
“We are still discussing a few things about money: ‘You give me this, I want that’,” he added.
“But, for me, there is no doubt, we will sign it now,” said Ecclestone.
He said the outcome of the forthcoming presidential elections in France will not spoil the deal.
“Whatever happens, I don’t care,” said Ecclestone. “That’s a local issue that doesn’t concern me.”
© RIF | GMM