Bernie Ecclestone on Friday scotched renewed rumours about the future of the Turkish grand prix.
It had been reported that the poorly-attended Istanbul Park event could drop off the calendar after its sixth running this weekend.
But on a visit to the media centre, the F1 chief executive told reporters in Turkey not to believe everything they read.
In fact, Briton Ecclestone said talks are already underway for a proposed 10-year extension to the current deal.
According to Germany’s Motorsport-Magazin.com, he was also asked about whether Monticello might join Austin for a second US round on a future F1 calendar, and he would not rule out the prospect.
And amid rumours an announcement confirming Pirelli as F1’s next tyre supplier is now imminent, Ecclestone admitted the sport is edging closer to a decision.
He also said F1 might have to call off this year’s inaugural South Korean grand prix if the armies of the rogue North roll in.
Meanwhile, the latest accounts for F1’s owners CVC Capital Partners were issued on Friday, showing Ecclestone is paid $5.8 million per year.