Kimi Raikkonen has once again refused to shed any light on his plans for 2011.
It is expected that the 2007 world champion intends to stay at least another year in the world rally championship.
But Citroen recently announced that Sebastien Loeb and Sebastien Ogier are staying put, without mentioning the future of Finn Raikkonen, who has also been linked with a return to formula one.
When asked on Thursday ahead of the Finnish rally if there is any news about his plans, the 30-year-old answered: “No, not yet. We have some decisions to make and I haven’t done that yet.
“I can honestly say that I do not know,” he added in a separate interview.
FIA president Jean Todt told Turun Sanomat newspaper that he respects Raikkonen’s decision last year to move to rallying.
“When he wanted a new challenge, it was very courageous to pick rally. But F1 is a constant pressure so I can understand why Kimi wanted to do something else,” said the Frenchman.
“What I can say is that if the reigning champion Jenson Button, or whoever wins this year’s title should go to rallying, he would not be at the same level of Kimi in their first season,” added Todt.
Both Raikkonen and Todt refused to comment on the Ferrari team orders scandal.
“I’m not in formula one, so I don’t care what’s happening there,” said the Finn.
And Todt added: “We will deal with it in due course, but I don’t want to talk about F1 now.”
© RIF | GMM